Tuesday, March 29, 2011

I want to Share my Knitting

I want to let you know that there is talent that comes in different forms.  Yes I love to scrapbook and make cards.  But in my older years I have found myself in hospital and doctor offices a lot more since 1992.  I have learned to do new things, things that I didn't think I could do or just didn't think that I was good enough to do that kind of hard work.
I would like to share some of those things with you.

This hat and booties was the first thing I ever knitted and I made about 50 sets and gave them to our hospital here in town for the new born babies.  But some of them I had to send to Portland to a Hospital there cause I made them to small for our babies.


Then I made a blanket.  But you need to know that I can't or don't understand the instructions to these patterns.  So I had a friend help me get started and she worked with me until I got finished with the first one.  IT was one of a kind.  NO ONE else will ever have one like it.  The next 14 that I made I change it and those 14 and this 16th one are all alike and still one of a kind.  I never did understand it so I made it my own pattern.

The first picture the flash didn't go off so I wanted to make sure you knew the color is Pink and it has that silver thread going though it.  I love this yard and that is all I use for baby things. 


I had a after school class that I was to teach 8 years old to 11 a new craft.  We started this in Oct and the girls had it all done just in time for Christmas for their mothers.  I had so much fun teaching them how to do this but in the last 8 years I have been knitting and scrapbooking.  When I'm at home I scrapbook and when I'm at a Doctors appointment I knitting.

These are all of our grandchildren.  There is 5 of them and we love them all. The little boy in the middle of the bottom row we don't get to see him and after then end of the summer we will never see him again.  IF you really want to know the story let me know and I will tell you why.  But that won't change our love for him.  He will still be in our daily prayers and in our hearts forever.  I also know in our next life he will be with his mother.  His father isn't worth 2 cents.  But the others we will see all the time.




Thank you for reading my Blog.

Sincerely
Donna  Scrapp'n Nana
http://scrappnana.blogspot.com/
www.mycmsite.com/dmdegraw       want to look,  I would love you too. 


No comments: