Sunday, June 19, 2011

Remembering My Father

My father has been gone since May 2002 and I miss him so much so I want to honor him by doing this in his name and sharing him with each of you. This first picture was taken about 64 years ago and what a wonderful father he was and always well be for me.


David & Genenvieve Richey Russell


The Russell Family
My father holding my brother David E. Russell
My mother was holding my hand Donna M Russell
My sister Vicki D was right behind in and in front of our father.
This picture was taken around 10 Sep 1950 in Cherryville, Oregon.
One month later we was living in the Big, YES BIG City of Pilot Rock Oregon.
That town wasn't even as big a spot in the road.  But my father got a job for very good pay for driving a logging truck in that area so we all got moved to the Big city of Pilot Rock.
That is where he lived the rest of his life and that is where he took us hunting and fishing and camping and mushroom hunting and all those fun things to teach is girls.

He love to hunt, fish and he loved to go mushroom hunting and then saling his mushroom for $25.00 to $30.00 a lb for them.  He always told our mother if he could pick where he died it would be up in the mountains doing what he loved to do.  Well on May 28th 2002 that is just what happened.  He went mushroom hunting and never came home.  We found him at 3 in the morning.

I miss him so much when my husband was having all of his heart surgeries (5) of them he was there to help me and be there for me.  He was at my right hand every day to be strong for me.  I will miss that so much.
Daddy your daughter loves you and misses you so much.


Thank you for stopping by and I hope you honored your fathers.
Have a great day with them and enjoy them while you still have them. Tell them how much you love them now while they are with you.

Thanks again for coming by.
SincerelyDonna
Scrapp'n Nana
http://scrappnana.blogspot.com/
www.mycmsite.com/dmdegraw

want to look, I would love you too.

No comments: