Lizzy has done it again. Also you need to go to her blog and check it out. I love her stuff, and she also is making a book of all of her great stuff. I can't wait until it comes out. I want to buy one of her cookbooks.
Summer, summer, SUMMER!
Alright, so I think summer is pretty fabulous because it means no homework. But I love all the fresh berries that come with it. I like to convince myself in the winter that my favorite dessert is a brownie, but once my teeth break the skin of a strawberry…mmm… I remember that nothing can beat a fresh, juicy strawberry.
Strawberry White Chocolate Cupcakes
1 box white cake mix
4 egg whites
1/3 cup oil
3/4 cup buttermilk
3/4 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon vanilla
White Chocolate Ganache:
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
1/4 cup heavy cream
1 cup butter, softened
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 teaspoons strawberry flavored gelatin (jello powder)
4 strawberries, diced (no stems)
4-6 cups powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line pans with cupcake liners.
2. Sift cake mix into a bowl and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, gently whisk eggs whites, oil, buttermilk, sour cream and vanilla extract.
4. Add cake mix and stir until combined.
5. Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until and inserted knife comes out clean.
6. White Chocolate Ganache: Place chocolate chips is a heat proof bowl and set aside. On the stove top, heat heavy cream just until bubbles form around the edges (don't let it boil) and pour it over the chocolate chips and whisk until smooth. (Depending on your brand of chocolate chips, you may need to add a couple more if it's too thin.)
7. Buttercream: Beat butter for 2 minutes. Add vanilla extract, gelatin and strawberries. Slowly add powdered sugar until you reach your desired consistency.
8. To assemble, dip the tops of the cooled cupcakes in the ganache. Let it set for a few minutes, then pipe your buttercream and top with sprinkles and fresh strawberry slices.
Copyright © YourCupofCake
If you like what you see please leave me a comment.
Thanks for sharing with us..............
Donna Scrapp'n Nana
Come and see what are the NEW TOOLS are for July. A New System