Thank you Lizzy for another great job. Making mine on Friday.
St. Patrick’s Day is coming up! I know everyone is doing mint things to get some green in their desserts, and that’s fabulous. Check out my Andes Mint cupcakes or my Chocolate Mint Cupcakes, they are great. But, if you want an excuse to make something a little more daring, try pistachios.
Chocolate Pistachio Cupcakes
1 box White or Yellow cake mix
1 (3.4 oz) box pistachio instant pudding
1 cup buttermilk
1/4 cup oil
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
3/4 cup sour cream
3/4 cup butter, softened
4 oz cream cheese, softened
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
3-4 cups powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line pan with cupcake liners.
2. Sift your cake mix into a small bowl to remove any lumps. Add pudding mix and stir.
3. In a separate bowl, gently whisk eggs, buttermilk, oil almond extract and sour cream.
4. Add your cake mix/pudding and stir until well combined.
5. Fill liners 1/2 full (these rise a lot) and bake for 16-20 minutes, or until an inserted knife comes out clean.
6. Buttercream: Beat butter and cream cheese for 3 minutes. Scrape the bowl as needed. Add vanilla extract and cocoa powder. Slowly add powdered sugar until you reach your desired consistency. If you want it to be more chocolatey, add more cocoa. If the buttercream becomes too stiff, add 1 tablespoon milk.
7. Pipe buttercream onto cooled cupcakes and top with pistachios.
Copyright © YourCupofCake
Thanks for coming by and I hope you will try these they are great.
Thanks for sharing with us..............
Donna Scrapp'n Nana
Come and see what are the NEW TOOLS are for July. A New System