Thank you Lizzy for yet another great cupcake.
Peppermint and chocolate is a perfect match. When I meet someone that doesn’t like peppermint, the first thing that goes through my head is “You are not human and you have missed out on life.” Dramatic? Yes. But seriously, those people’s taste buds are missing out on a flavor celebration.
Chocolate Buttermilk Cake:
Devil’s Food Cake mix
½ cup oil
¾ cup buttermilk
1 cup sour cream
1 ½ teaspoons vanilla
Chocolate Peppermint Ganache:
2/3 cup chocolate chips
2 tablespoons heavy cream
½ teaspoon peppermint extract
8 oz cream cheese, softened
½ cup butter, softened
3-4 cups powdered sugar
1 ½ teaspoons peppermint extract
green food coloring
Peppermint candies to decorate
(I used chocolate mint melts from Trader Joe’s, but they are seasonal)
yields 24 cupcakes
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line pans with cupcake liners.
2. In a large bowl, gently combine eggs, oil, buttermilk, sour cream and vanilla extract.
3. Add cake mix, for easing mixing I recommend sifting your cake mix in.
4. Stir until combined and fill cupcake liners 3.4 full and bake for 16-23 minutes, or until an inserted knife comes out clean.
5. Ganache: Melt chocolate chips and cream together in the microwave or using a double boiler. Stir constantly until smooth. Add peppermint extract and stir again.
6. Dip cooled cupcakes into ganache, if they are still hot, the ganache will
7. Buttercream: Beat cream cheese and butter for 4 minutes. Slowly add powdered sugar until you reach your desired consistency. Add peppermint extract and green food coloring.
8. Wait until the ganache is set and pipe buttercream onto cupcakes. Decorate with sprinkles and peppermint candies.
Thank you for coming and I hope you ladies all love Chocolate cause this one is full of Chocolate. IF you like please leave me a comment or hit the like button. Thanks for coming by.