I cannot tell you how much chocolate, peppermint and eggnog I have had in the last week. I thought it was time to introduce my taste buds to a few other flavors that aren’t so prominent around Christmas time.
Almond Poppy Seed Muffins:
1 ½ cups white sugar
½ cup + 1/8 cup vegetable oil
½ cup applesauce
1 cup milk
1 ½ teaspoons vanilla
1 teaspoon almond extract
3 cups flour
1 ½ teaspoon salt
1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
1 ½ tablespoon poppy seeds
¼ cup butter, softened
¾ cup sugar
1/3 cup oats, chopped in blender
2 teaspoon almond extract
sliced raw almonds
yields 20 muffins
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line or spray muffin pans.
2. Almond Filling: Beat butter, sugar, oats and almond extract until combined.
3. Muffin Batter: In a large bowl with a wooden spoon, gently combine eggs, sugar, oil, applesauce, milk, vanilla and almond extract.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking powder and poppy seeds.
5. Slowly combine dry and wet ingredients using the wooden spoon to mix. Stir only until moistened. There will still be lumps, but stop stirring!
6. Fill pans ¾ full.
7. Form little balls of the almond filling (about the size of 1 teaspoon) and push them into each cup of batter.
8. Top with sliced, raw almonds.
9. Bake for 17-25 minutes, or until an inserted knife comes out clean. Seven minutes into baking, sprinkle tops with turbinado sugar to give them an extra sweet crunch on top.
10. Let cool for 5 minutes in pans and move to cooling racks.
Thank YOU Lizzy for your wonderful Cupcake they ate the best.
If you like these please let me know by leaving me a comment or hit the LIKE button.
Thanks for Coming by with us..............
Donna Scrapp'n Nana
Come and see what are the NEW TOOLS are for July. A New System