When I see eggnog next to the milk in the grocery store, I know it’s the holiday season. I love everything about it—the richness, the flavor, the texture. But I hate how fast it goes when I go home for Christmas. I don’t think it even makes it into the fridge. It just goes from the grocery sack straight to glasses.
This recipe is a twist from my original Eggnog Cookie recipe.
1 ¼ cup sugar
¾ cup butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 egg yolk
½ cup eggnog
2 ¼ cups flour
1/3 cup powder malt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon nutmeg
½ teaspoon cinnamon
1 ½ cup powdered sugar
1 tablespoons eggnog
1 teaspoon powdered malt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line cookies sheets with parchment paper.
2. Beat sugar and butter until light and fluffy, 3 minutes.
3. Add egg yolks one at a time on slow.
4. Add vanilla.
5. In a separate bowl, combine flour, malt, baking powder, nutmeg and cinnamon.
6. Pour half of the flour mixture into the egg/sugar mixture.
7. Add eggnog.
8. Pour in remaining flour mixture. Stir only until combined,
9. Make small dough balls (dough may be sticky) and freeze in a tupperware for 10 minutes.
10. Place on cookie sheets and bake for 12-18 minutes or until the edges are barely brown.
11. Glaze: combine all ingredients using a whisk or a fork. Drizzle over warm cookies and top with cinnamon sugar.
Try these IF you like Eggnog you will love these. Thanks everyone for coming by and i hope you like these.
Thanks for Coming by with us..............
Donna Scrapp'n Nana
Come and see what are the NEW TOOLS are for July. A New System