Thursday, December 29, 2011

Hot Chocolate Truffles

Lizzy you did it again.


Your Cup of Cake

Hot Chocolate Truffles



The Story:
Truffles have always scared me. They just seem like something you get during the holidays from fancy stores, not something I could do myself. But I gained some confidence when I went to my boyfriend’s sister’s house and saw her making these sweet things. I thought, “Hm, maybe I can do this.” So here you go.
Just because Christmas is over, it doesn’t mean hot chocolate season is over too! Crush all those extra candy canes and get rolling!





Hot Chocolate Truffles:
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup heavy cream
1 tablespoon sugar
¼ teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons vanilla extract

yields 15 truffles


Directions:
1. Place all ingredients in a pot and melt together on low heat until smooth. Stir constantly.
2. Let cool in the fridge until stiff enough to scoop.
3. Make small scoops, about 2 Tablespoons each. And place them in the freezer for and hour.
4. Remove scoops, roll into balls.
5. Roll in your choice of decoration. Crushed candy cane, cocoa, cinnamon, mini marshmallows. (If you try the mini marshmallows, you really have to push the marshmallows into the chocolate balls.)
6. Wrap each ball in suran wrap and keep chilled until ready to use.
7. When ready, drop chocolate balls into 1 ½ cups of hot milk and stir!

Photo Directions:











Thank you for coming by and I sure hope you will try her New Truffles.  to me they sound so wonderful.

Thanks for Coming by with us..............
Sincerely
Donna Scrapp'n Nana

http://scrappnana.blogspot.com/
www.mycmsite.com/dmdegraw
Come and see what are the NEW TOOLS are for July. A New System


No comments: