Thursday, December 22, 2011

Carrot Cake Cookie Sandwiches

I love carrot cake that is one of my favorites so when she did this I'm one happy camper this this house.
Thanks Lizzy you are the best.

Your Cup of Cake

The Story:
Sometimes I bake things and I am very happy I made them, but I don’t expect to be baking them again unless I fill an order. And other times, I bake things and I say to myself, “Wow, I will be making these again soon.” These cookies are ridiculous. They are seriously carrot CAKE cookies. They are so fluffy it’s out of control! And with the sweet cream cheese filling, these babies are just perfect—a fun twist on traditional carrot cake.



Carrot Cake Cookies:
½ cup butter, softened
2/3 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 ¾ cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon cinnamon
½ tablespoon pumpkin spice
¾ cup oatmeal, old fashioned
8 oz pineapple, drained
1 cup carrots
¾ cup walnuts (optional)
¾ cup raisins (optional)

Cream Cheese Filling:
8 oz cream cheese, softened
¼ cup butter softened
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 teaspoons cheesecake instant pudding powder (optional)
3-4 cups powdered sugar

Yields 36 cookies (18 sandwiches)

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line pans with parchment paper.
2. Beat butter, brown sugar and sugar until light and fluffy. Scrape the bowl down as needed.
3. On slow, add eggs one at a time until fully incorporated.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice.
5. Slowly add flour mixture and oatmeal to sugar mixture until combined. Do no over mix.
6. Stir in drained pineapple, carrots, walnut and raisins.
7. Scoop out dough balls the size of a tablespoon and bake for 8-12 minutes, or until the tops are firm like a cake/muffin. Let cool on cooling racks. (I topped my dough balls with some Turbinado sugar to give them an extra crunch.)
8. Cream Cheese Filling: Beat cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and instant pudding powder. Add powdered sugar slowly until you reach your desired consistency.
9. Pipe filling onto the bottom of half the cooled cookies, then sandwich them!








                 

Hope you all well enjoy these they are very good and my grandkids loved them.  Thanks for coming by and seeing my blog post.  Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Thanks for Coming by with us..............
Sincerely
Donna Scrapp'n Nana

http://scrappnana.blogspot.com/
www.mycmsite.com/dmdegraw
Come and see what are the NEW TOOLS are for July. A New System

No comments: